Monday, June 29, 2015

Stevie Ray And The Bear

Kirk Carter@ Chew Bear Productions@ Copyright 2015



Stevie Ray And The Bear




Although my stint with House Of Blues in Las Vegas (about 4 years) was was short lived.
I was able to move from Audio Tech #1 to Floor Manager in short time. 

Got a chance to meet the greats and some not so, but they all just came there to pluck their strings and do the music thing, everyone seemingly on their own voyage through the world of entertaining the masses. Like I have always said, when it's all said and done, no matter how great your talents or abilities are, you can't take it with you, and you become just another of the great talents who are no longer with us any more!

One of the dudes I was lucky enough to work with, that being 3 times in three years was
 Stevie Ray Vaughn. Super gifted and ego driven, he seemed suspect for an early demise. It was almost like he had achieved an immense ability which seemed to piss off those who had passed and went to the light.

Point being, is that you have to generate your fame and influence at certain variables. Take for instance myself...I generate all my thoughts, outlines, and writings from the dozens who traffic their ideas through me. These are people that have long passed on and use me as their personal convent. My talent can be respected, but I would be the first person to tell you, I have no idea who's writing this stuff half the time!

Please note that Stevie left me a nice tip and we actually had lunch together on my third year as he past through the doors for the last time. I was the floor manager and he was pushing the envelope as so many in his business do. Please note on the following downloads how he orchestrates "Tightrope" with the "Tube Screamer" i.e. (Jimi Hendrix, Carlos Santana, Robin Trower)), and look how he actually smokes Jimi in his rendition of "Voodoo Child"...gives me goosebumps watching him literally reach down and work the flanger with his hands. Top stuff!

In any case, I originate on my own merits, but you as the reader have already been informed...I'm just reading from the light! 


No comments:

Post a Comment