Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Happy Birthday Sis!

Kirk Carter@ Chew Bear Productions@ June 2014
4/6 (Beastie Boys

Kat My Birthday Sis!
Kat my birthday sis, only one I got...
When you break her down, pretty cool too;
Not anybody's business, she do her own thing
She's fire, she's spirit, she's everything!
But, she take care of this Bro, when no one else would;
You think I wasn't savable, but she said she could.
And amazing feat of effort, uncommon place;
I am your sister, as she spoke upon my face.
For I remember the crap, you'd put me through;
Turntable with a flashlight, what's a sister to do!
Better jump up, do the bump up, or the light will sear your skin;
Do the hop and the pop, avoid the light...you win!
Silly stuff that follow along;
My Birthday Sis, her Birthday song!
Would lead me to days, of when I broke her hand;
Accidental moments, not quite what I planned...
But, she bounced back proud, never blaming me;
Stuff can happen, we were young and free!
And what about the times when she played bolsters with me;
Up in the window for Shannon Road to see...
You'd think the neighbors curious...no, they all be jolly...
Cause our Dad was on the tv and the radio;
He'd brag on us all day;
Used to mess with his recorders, hey...give your Sis something to say!

So, when there was no one there, who gave a care;
Kat was my Savior, she was always there!

In her own special way, without any suggest;
She made me see myself, she brought out my best!

And as I struggle, through my writer's bubble, only she knows my bliss;
Because only me, for all to see...Kat's my Birthday Sis...

(Bring It down now)

Happy Birthday Kathi...
All My Love, Kirk

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Kirk for remember your Sis today. You have saved yourself, I was just there to give you a push. Here you are working hard in Napa today, sounds like a pretty place. Thanks again for the kind words. Take Care, Love Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. It had a lot to do with availability of something to type on...Michelle saved the day. Take care, Love, Kirk

    ReplyDelete