Monday, July 21, 2014

The Original Laptop

Kirk Carter@ Chew Bear Productions@ Copyright 2014



The Original Laptop


The other day, working on a rhyme;
A guy walked up, asking for a dime.

I asked for the reason, not trying to be out of season;
He responded, "My Laptop flopped, the Hard Drive stopped,
And he was in the middle of a thought, then everything dropped!"

He wanted to call the Tech and raise some heck;
Thirty-Five cents for the call, a dime short...that's all!

I smiled and said, "Your laptop's dead, my notebook is just fine...
It doesn't need a charge or solar sunshine."

Pointing out that origination, is "your" creation,
Your challenge as the Guardian's speak;
You do as your told, as you craft the mold,
It's your gift as a writer, so to speak.

He ranted about programs and formats, the "Where do I begins?",
And I wanted to slap his face;
I said, "Shut up and listen", while his brow was all a glisten,
"Why be a writer in the first place?"

Looked like he was going to cry, with a selfish sigh, but settled down to consider my dare;
"You mean I can accomplish my write, without technical blight, without procedural firmware?"

I chuckled, "Yes, it's a notebook, just paper with lines,
The great writer's use it, the best of the minds...
Give it a try, batteries never die, and the only thing to remember",
As I gave him a wink, "Before you fill the pages, make sure you have enough ink!"

So, he shook my hand, seemed to like my plan, and said he would give it a go;
"Hope to see you soon in Movie Land, in Print, a Mag, or Show!"

As he walked away, kind of making my day, like some kind of Writer's Cop;
I smiled, looking down at my scripted compound, the trusty original Laptop!

                                                                                                                   Kirk Carter

Sorry tree lover's, but I need to refill my laptop...I have scripts to write...praise the lumberjack!



No comments:

Post a Comment