Thursday, March 31, 2016

Get Out The Lead

Kirk Carter@ Chew Bear Productions@ Copyright 2016



GET OUT THE LEAD



As I sat in the ER, waiting for the word;
The Nurse said, "You might not make it!", I thought, "How absurd!"
My time was up, or so I thought;
The drinking reached it's peak and I got caught!

But...turns out, that wasn't the case;
The worst had happened, but it still was such a waste.
So, why such a destructive fool;
"We're here to help!", they sad, "It's the Hospital rule!"

I questioned myself, "God can you hear me, are you near me?"
Waiting for an answer, seemed like wasted time;
Would the Lord actually go drop a dime?

And, why save me...when so many deserved the chance;
They were better than me, but for them...no second dance!
How grateful I felt, with reserved thought;
Did I just make a deal with the Devil, did I just get bought?

Turns out, it was none of that, I had purpose being here;
It just didn't include drinking Vodka and Beer...
To accomplished said goals, leaving a Legacy behind;
Being someone important, really blew my mind!

Having an epiphany of sorts, it all came together;
God guides me, not you, not me, or the weather!
A new beginning, without sinning, no needle or bowl;
My habits almost did me in, put me six feet in the hole.

I'm happy, healthy, and joyous,my future all reborn and new;
I will not go back to the booze rack, simply too many things to do...

So, remember...you have a purpose, it's a smile in God's eyes;
Live your life with forward thought, and not one full of lies.
You were put here for a reason, focus on the task ahead;
You stayed here for a purpose, now go Get Out The Lead!



                                                                             Kirk Carter
                                                                          3/31/2016

No comments:

Post a Comment