Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Robin Williams-Stage Left

Kirk Carter@ Chew Bear Productions@ Copyright 2014



Robin Williams-Stage Left


To start this, I'm very good at perceiving a moment, of speak, of those about ready to go to the light. That would explain why I cannot be physically present to one's passing (not even my own Mother's passing), there is too much energy and infliction, I draw upon it, it effects me! 

I have so few Loved ones left, but one I was lucky enough to transverse upon was Robin. Gifted but troubled with ideas and concepts I found hard to consider or ascertain. He would ramble over plastic cups of wine and mixed toxic beverages, and despite his 50+ movies and multitude of wealth, disparage over his own personal afflictions. I could only stare with awareness that his moments were tempered, I was only a witness to his brilliance!

To understand the mind set, think of the magician, the comedian, the person who is making everything so plain, simple, and obvious. Like George Carlen, one must propose the obvious...the human condition. Robin was a natural master at this, because most of his life was torment and suffrage which had nothing to do with money or gratification...simply identity. I'm weak now, as another of my boys of the original proverbial fan bases, who has explored and succeeded in finally finding himself, has managed to succumb to his final destination. Robin has officially took stage left, for better or worse, we shall miss him!

A hard lesson learned for those of us out there trying to seek and conquer that rather odd road, that climb to success. I make no claim to the fact that 1/100th of his everyday focused on the mundane. When asked about his thoughts, his presentation before he came to the mike, he would always say the same thing, "I have no idea what I'm going to say before I come to the mike, it just comes out!"

But, him checking out like he did should remind us all, that it's not about the contracts, the movie deals, or the sold out halls. No, it's about refusing to follow the avant gard, being episodic, the unreasonable rhyme, your just living your own damn life in the present. There is no calling card, you commit your aspirations with the gift of expectancy and deployment. He mindlessly rattled, while we laughed and worshipped his genius and originality!

As one who previously abused drugs and alcohol, only those who were there know of what one speaks.                                                                                                                                                           Thank you Robin...I'll never understand why you did what you did, but thank you for bringing a smile to my face when I least expected it!

                                                                                    In prayer and thought,

                                                                                                   Kirk Carter


                                                                                                   Burbank, Ca.


2 comments:

  1. bugler tobacco
    sea explorers - Ash-a-POO & cummings 671 in the Ventura
    skipping class @ Livingston M.S. 2 walk to Orleans marina so we could empty a day tank on a yacht on the lake
    micro-FM
    camping under the bridge, SX-70
    still with Holly
    call me @ 817 - 542 -
    ( the first two digits of your address on Revel in NOLA East ** REVERSED** )
    follwed by 22

    ReplyDelete