Saturday, November 28, 2015

If You Ignore Him

Kirk Carter@ Chew Bear Productions@ Copyright 2015






IF YOU IGNORE HIM





Once again I lay here in my fox hole,  it's do or die;
I'm pleading for the Lord to help me, I'm way too high!

God can you save me, "I won't do it again", I confess;
I won't do this anymore, I'm tired of being a mess...

But the Preacher said, "Your always listening";
With red eyes I plead, all puckered and glistening.

Yet, you brought me back, just to do it again;
My urge to use,  is such a toxic sin!

And that time I begged for a pick-up truck;
The Lord didn't hear me...just my luck.

What do I have to do, I'm a man with needs;
You never give me fruit, all I get are seeds?

So, what is it Lord, you think I'm not sincere;
As I lay here squandering with my meth, whisky, and beer?

Guess you can tell the difference from a plea or giving in;
I must confess, I'm a mess, living life all full of sin!

So, I'm turning my life to you God, I've gotten up off the floor;
I'm pleading for salvation, just please let me in the door.

It's real this time, I've turned my life around;
I'm standing tall, fully focused, feet are on the ground.

And there it was, my pick-up, earned it on my own;
God finally believed my call and did it all, I was not all alone.

So, when you ask for help, make the commitment, you can do this, too;
But just remember if you ignore God, he'll probably ignore you, too!


Kirk Carter
11/28/2015




No comments:

Post a Comment