Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Into The Fall

Kirk Carter@ Chew Bear Productions@ Copyright 2015



INTO THE FALL



Crisp leaves crack beneath my feet;
My breath can be seen, as my heart is keeping beat.

Oh, and the newness of fresh air, driving from the north;
It's the shift of season coming, nature moving forth!

As the leaves start to fall, the breeze against my face;
Been through this before, I defiantly know my place.

A chill clenches to skin, as Goosebumps start to rise;
It's just a taste of what's to come, Winter in disguise.

As memory reflects back, on holidays of the past;
Can we generate a new experience, will the old one's last?

And, I so much wish to share, this very moment with you;
Caress my words with vision, and make our visit true...

It's arrival, like a clock on-time, Nature's calendar set;
I smile toward bright sun today, for soon be snow and wet.

And people seem to bustle, at this time of year;
Shopping for things for Loved ones, on a midday clear.

And smiles are in abundance, from a stranger to a friend;
Your handshake may be gloved, but good joy we do send!

The Squirrels and critters scurry, their dance amongst the trees;
The floral is rustic, "Hey, where are all the bees?"

Scavenging for nuts, before vapor turns to frost;
Hope they remember where they put them, hope they don't get lost!

Childhood comes to mind, ah Thanksgiving...the food;
Puts every boy and girl in us, back in a heartfelt mood.

Long lost beginnings, can you sense them like me;
When life seemed like fantasy and life was full of glee?

So, cherish these moments, and have yourself a ball;
With renewal, and our blessings, Into The Fall!

Kirk Carter
11/24/2015





No comments:

Post a Comment