Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Welcome To Austin (Part 3)

Kirk Carter@ Chew Bear Productions@ Copyright 2014





Welcome To Austin (Part 3)


Well, there you have it, we worked for five days, morning, noon, and night and finished up principle and secondary shooting in record time...why such a rush you ask?

Because I'm just still trying to get my foot in the door with all this, so if I can save the suits and the check book lady a little coin, I just might be invited back! Very fickle business...remember that old saying, "Your only as good as your last project?" Well in this business, one moment your on cloud nine doing a project and the next moment your murmuring something into a stranger's car window with the phrase, "You want fries with that?"

Either way, Austin was a lot of fun and I hope to be back soon, production crew or not. Would like to thank everyone for wonderful hospitality, good food, and a truly memorable experience. 

                                                                                              Take care and be good,

                                                                                                                         Kirk Carter

And now for a poem-

                                                                                  
Jewel Of The West

Went down to Austin, to do some production;
What I found was true country pride.
With the old time flair, of a city that dared;
To show a big city, no one sighed.

And to the creed, of Austin's seed;
The emotional spirit of many.
And with glee, for all to see;
Their labor was worth every penny!

A stew of attitude, with gratitude;
It's history still has all it's splendor.
So, if you want to take a poke, tell a joke;
Austin has plenty to tender.

Go about the land, make your plan, your in America, land of the free;
Just bring along your gumption, don't bring no assumption;
Cause you'll end up something like me!

So, Austin in the short visit, I feel such appeal;
And I thank you for the hospitality and fun. 
The euphoric days, in the Artistic haze;
I think I got too much sun!



No comments:

Post a Comment